The Journey So Far
Born in Surabaya, Crown Group CEO Iwan Sunito was raised in the small town of Pangkalan Bun in Central Kalimantan before moving to Australia as a teenager. Iwan studied architecture at the University of New South Wales where he graduated with honours and went on to complete a Masters of Construction Management.
His journey to become a leader in Australia’s property industry started building luxury homes in Sydney’s north before forming Crown Group with business partner Paul Sathio in 1996.
Under Iwan’s guidance, Crown Group has become one of Australia’s largest private developers; awarded dozens of leading industry awards and establishing a multi-billion development portfolio. Iwan has been honoured with a number of personal accolades both in Australia and overseas; including being named 2015
Urban Taskforce Australia Property Perosn of the Year acknowledging his significant ongoing contribution to Australia’s property landscape.
A leader and mentor
A globally minded leader with more than 20 years’ experience in entrepreneurship, mentoring and property development, Iwan Sunito has a growing worldwide reputation. Iwan has been interviewed on major television networks around the world and appeared as a guest speaker at events attended by 500 to 20,000 people.
As an industry expert, Iwan has been invited as a special guest speaker to address audiences at:
- The Property Congress, Property Council of Australia, GoldCoast 2015
- Bloomberg Economic Summit, Sydney, 2014
- Australian Property Expo 2014, Sydney, 2014
- Super Mentor Conference, Jakarta, 2014
- Global Congress of Indonesian Diaspora, Indonesia, 2013
- UDIA Annual State Conference, Sydney, 2013
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch REIT Conference 2015
Charity, Social And Community Organisations
Chairman of B2B
Business to Business group with the goal of equipping and empowering young professionals.
Appointed to Global Indonesian Diaspora Board 2013
A group of 10 Indonesian Diaspora leaders.
2002 Chairman of NSW Tsunami Corporate Fund
Raising for victims of Tsunami in Aceh, Indonesia.
Iwan Sunito Institute
Iwan plans to kick start the Iwan Sunito Institute in 2016, a non for-profit organization aimed at helping deserving young people gain access to education to improve their lives.
A consistent stream of accolades.
Iwan has been recognised with numerous awards in Australia and overseas; including:
- Urban Taskforce Australia’s 2015 Property Person of the Year
- 2013 Congress of Indonesian Diaspora Entrepreneur award
- Property & Bank Magazine Golden Leadership Award 2013
- Winner 2013 Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Eastern Region Industry Category
- UNSW Eric Daniels Prize for Residential Design 1992
Crown Group Awards
Crown Group is consistently awarded and recognised for excellence in creating state-of-the-art residential communities and commercial centres. From national awards in concept planning to recognition for pioneering innovation from the highest industry bodies, Crown Group’s accolades demonstrate a proven track record in delivering superb outcomes. Crown Group creates intelligent, large-scale urban developments that respond to the resurgent demand for city living.
(Refer to table below)